News

About : Glenmorangie

About : Glenmorangie

Glenmorangie : Gailic for the Glen of Tranquility Their story begins in 1843 with farmer William Matheson who, with his wife, Anne, set about building a distillery in the Scottish Highlands. Selling their whisky for mere shillings per gallon, the venture may have started small, its location remote, but the Mathesons' vision was extraordinary. They were laying the foundations of what would become one of the most famous Scotch whisky distilleries in the world.  Distillery manager, Edward Thom, who in 2022 won the Global Distillery Manager of the year at the prestigious Whisky Magazine Icons of Whisky Awards.  Situated next...

Read more →


About  : Wilderness Trail

About : Wilderness Trail

Wilderness Trail Distillery is based in Danville, Kentucky.  It was established in 2012 by Shane Baker and Dr. Patrick Heist. Baker, a mechanical engineering, and Heist, microbiologist and a Ph.D. When Wilderness Trail hit the scene, they stood out from the crowd of startup distilleries by offering a superior product that captured the attention of bourbon enthusiasts. Campari acquired a 70% stake in Wilderness Trail Distillery. for $420 million in late 2022, valuing the distillery at $600 million. The acquisition of the remaining 30% is slated for 2031, What set Wilderness Trail apart from other craft distilleries? Unlike many rush-to-market bourbons flooding...

Read more →


About:  Kentucky Owl

About: Kentucky Owl

The story of Kentucky Owl has a long and winding history, yet it's just the beginning. To grasp where the brand is headed, it's essential to look back at its origins. Established in 1879 by pharmacist Charles Mortimer Dedman, the distillery produced 'The Wise Man's Bourbon'.  The "wise mans bourbon was not merely a catch phrase," but fundemantal  to his business.  Even the concept of the the owl as an icon to represent his belief that people could, and should, consume alcohol, wisely.   Then came prohibition.... One night, the warehouse where the illicit liquor was stored burned to the ground. Oddly,...

Read more →


A Short history of Elijah Craig Distillers

A Short history of Elijah Craig Distillers

Elijah Craig is part f the Heaven Hills Distilling Group.  Located in Bardstown, Kentucky in the heart of Bourbon territory. The life and Legacy its founder The following is drawn from The Elijah Craig website: "Reverend Elijah Craig was a Baptist preacher, an educator, and an entrepreneur who built the first paper and wool mills in Georgetown, Kentucky. But for all his industries, it was his gift as a distiller and an innovator that brought him his greatest acclaim.  Through all the good, Elijah Craig was a Confederate.  While we draw inspiration from parts of Elijah Craig’s story as a distiller, a...

Read more →

Recent articles
Categories